Want to hike in snow-cold weather? Choosing the correct winter hiking jacket is essential when it comes to staying warm while hiking in the coldest weather. One of the most important items is insulated winter and rain jackets, which prevents heat loss by retaining body-warmed air within its insulation.
A hiking jacket is a type of outerwear used for layering or keeping warm in cold weather. When it comes to hiking waterproof jackets, a flexible upper layer made of a combination of warm, durable, and waterproof fabrics is vital for hikes.
A winter trekking jacket will keep you warm and comfy throughout your trek. An ideal trekking jacket provides weather-protective features. If you can find a regular walking jacket that also works as a waterproof jacket, then that’s even better.
Types of Hiking & Trekking Jackets:
You must choose the sort of jacket that is most suited to your requirements. Because there are so many varieties of trekking jackets in India, we’ll focus on a handful of the more prevalent ones. The most picked t varieties of hiking jackets are as follows:
- Fleece: Fleece coats are occasionally mistaken for sweaters. Fleece coats usually serve as an outer layer jacket, and all you need to do is put a hard shell over it to keep dry.
- Insulated: Insulated jackets are sometimes referred to as “puffy”. These jackets are ideal for cold weather because they provide a layer of body-warming insulation that traps your body heat within the garment. A lightweight puffy will suffice for trekking needs.
- Hardshell: A hardshell jacket, sometimes known as a “shell,” does not have any insulation. Its primary function is to keep the user safe from wind and water.
- Softshell: One of the most adaptable hiking coats you’ll discover is a softshell jacket. It may be worn as an outer layer or as your only jacket in mild and moderate weather, even if there is some wind or rain. It can also be used as a mid-layer under a hardshell in severe weather.
How to Choose the Best Hiking & Trekking Jacket?
The following are characteristics of a reliable hiking and trekking jacket:
- Waterproof and wind-resistant: Opt for water and wind-resistant features so you’ll be ready if the wind picks up or require a waterproof rain jacket if it pours. A waterproof trekking jacket is a must-have item in your hiking checklist.
- Breathable and functional: Having a breathable and comfortable jacket helps release sweat from the interior of the cloth to the outside in the form of water vapour.
- Durable: Any jacket you select should be durable with the inner clothes you intend to wear along with it.
- Comfort: Look for a well-fitting, i.e., not too loose nor too tight jacket that can also be worn as a sweater.
Columbia’s Hiking Jacket & Trekking Jacket
Do you want to buy the best trekking and hiking jacket in India? You’ve come to the right place! Columbia’s trekking jackets are manufactured with water-resistant fabrics that will keep you warm and comfy in cold and rainy weather. Our waterproof winter jackets have Omni-heat infinity reflective technology, which reduces body heat loss and keeps you warm. It’s filled with RDS (Responsible Down Standard), which is certified for superior insulation and has elastic cuffs for added convenience. Columbia Sportswear has a great collection of waterproof hiking and trekking jackets at low prices.