We collect two types of information from visitors to the Website, Automatic Anonymous Information, or AAI, (which does not, in and of itself, identify you personally) and Personally Identifiable Information, or PII, which is individually identifiable information about you that could permit one to identify or contact you.
Information You Manually Provide. We collect the PII you manually provide (using your keyboard, touchpad, and/or mouse) when you use our Website. At various places on the Website, we may request certain PII, such as your name, phone number, email, billing address, shipping address and other PII. You may choose to provide PII in order to access or use certain features or services of the Website, such as making a purchase, registering on the Website, entering a contest or sweepstakes, filling out a survey, or providing Feedback. Where possible, we indicate which fields of information are required and which fields are optional. You can always choose not to provide information, but you may not be able to use a particular service or feature on the Website.
Information From Third-Party Social Media Platforms. You may be able to register, log-on, or enhance your profile on our Website by choosing to automatically populate the requested data fields with information you previously provided to a third-party social media platform. By doing this, you are asking the third-party platform to send us information from your profile on that platform. We treat that information as we do any other information you give to us when you register, log-on, or enhance your profile. After you have connected, the third party may also send us additional information from your profile that allows us to offer certain functionalities on the pages you view.
Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser. We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser. It typically includes your IP address, the address of the web page you were visiting when you accessed our Website, the name of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, and the date and time of your visit. The information we receive depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. We use this information to improve the Content and functionality of this Website, and to better understand and serve our visitors. The information we receive from your web browser does not, in and of itself, identify you personally. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you.
Information from your mobile or tablet device. Likewise, if you download one of our mobile or tablet applications or access our Website through your mobile or tablet device, we may automatically collect certain information from or about your device. The types of information we may collect include the type of device you use, your devices unique ID, the IP address of your device, your device’s operating system, the type of mobile or tablet Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use our mobile or tablet application.
In addition to cookies, we may also use “web beacons” and other web technologies to manage our Website and email. A web beacon is a small bit of computer code. Web beacons may be used to count how many people visit a web page or tell us whether an email has been opened. We may link the information we collect using web beacons and other web technologies to information that identifies you personally
COOKIES DELIREVED BY THIRD PARTIES
In addition to the cookies we deliver to your computer through our Website, certain third parties may deliver cookies to you for a variety of reasons. Other third parties may deliver cookies to your computer for the purpose of tracking your online behaviors across nonaffiliated websites and delivering targeted advertisements either on our Website or on other websites. You have choices about the collection of information by third parties on our Website. It may be that some of the third parties that collect interest-based information on our Website do not participate in the industry-developed opt-out website, in which case the best way to avoid third-party tracking of your online behaviors may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Your provision of your personal information to us means that you agree and consent that we may collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy. We use personal information we collect for purposes described in this Policy or as disclosed to you in other ways including on our Sites, in our stores, or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- provide and deliver products and services;
- send you information related to products and services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- operate and improve our Sites and services;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- manage and administer our community features and member programs and services;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service; and
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- improve our products and services;
- improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
For security, credit or fraud prevention purposes, We may store and process personal information in the India and other countries and as such, law enforcement authorities and courts in those foreign jurisdictions may, in certain circumstances, be entitled to access your personal information. By using any of our Sites, you consent to any such transfer outside of India.
When you enter a contest or other promotion, we may ask you for certain PII such as your name, address and/or email address in order to administer the contest, to send you promotional emails notify winners and make the winners list publicly available pursuant to applicable law. Your consent to such promotional use and disclosure of this information is a condition of your participation. In cases where the sweepstakes or promotional offer is co-branded with or sponsored by another party, we may share your information, with your consent, with that party. Entering such contests and providing the required PII in these instances is solely your choice; you do not need to provide such information or enter such contests to browse this Website. If you provide us with your email address as part of a purchase transaction on our Website, or if you choose to receive communications from us, we may periodically send you newsletters, emails featuring exclusive sales and promotions, and emails requesting your Feedback on our products and services. You can remove your email from our email list at any time. To learn how, read the Accessing and Updating Your Information section below. You may also click on the unsubscribe link in every email from us or send an email to email@example.com with Unsubscribe in the subject line.
STEPS WE TAKE TO SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain reasonable administrative, physical and technological measures to protect the confidentiality and security of information you submit on or through our Website. For example, when collecting credit card information for online purchases, we offer secure service transactions that encrypt your information in transit to thwart others from intercepting or misusing it. Unfortunately, no website, server, or database is completely secure or hacker proof. We therefore cannot guarantee that your PII will not be disclosed, misused or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others. Further, we cannot control dissemination of PII contained in User-Generated Content you post on or through our Website, and you should have no expectation of privacy in such information.
HOW DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE RECEIVE
We may share the AAI and/or PII submitted on or through this Website in the following ways:
- Third–Party Service Providers : We shares information collected through this Website with third-party service providers who act for or on its behalf. For example, we may use third-party vendors to design, operate, and/or host our Sites, to conduct surveys, and to help us with our promotional efforts. These third parties may need information about you to perform their functions. Typically, third-party service providers who receive PII are bound by contract to use it only on our behalf. However, some of our service providers, such as our advertising partners, are permitted to collect AAI through our Website and use that AAI in connection with providing services to nonaffiliated third parties. For more information about behavioral advertising and third-party cookies, read the Cookies Delivered by Third Parties section above.
- Third-Party Social Media Platforms : We may provide functionality on our Website that allows you to automatically post information about the actions you take on our Website to a third-party social media platform. If you choose to take advantage of this functionality, people with access to your profile on the third-party platform may be able to see the actions you have taken—for example, the items you have purchased. Thus, you should have no expectation of privacy in those actions. Further, if you choose to link your profile on our Website with an account on a third-party social media platform, we may share the information in your profile with that third-party platform.
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries : We may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries for their own marketing purposes. Before doing so, however, we may offer you the opportunity to opt out or opt in as required by applicable law.
- Business Partners : From time to time, we may share your information with selected third parties (other than our service providers, affiliates, or subsidiaries) for their own marketing purposes. For example, in cases where a sweepstakes or promotional offer is co-branded with or sponsored by another party, we may share your information, with your consent, with that party. In some cases, you may not be able to participate in a contest or take advantage of a promotion unless you consent to disclosure to our business partner of the information you submit in connection with the contest or promotion.
- Business Negotiations : We may contemplate, for strategic or other reasons, selling, buying, merging, or otherwise reorganizing one or more of our businesses. In negotiating with a third party about entering into such an arrangement, we may need to disclose your information. In such cases, we will take reasonable measures to protect the information we disclose, for example, by requiring a prospective purchaser to sign a non-disclosure agreement limiting the use and protecting the confidentiality of the information.
- Business Transfers :We may transfer the information you submit on or through our Website to any organization that acquires or merges with us.
- Compliance with Laws and Protection of Our Rights and the Rights of Others : We may be obligated to cooperate with various law enforcement inquiries. We reserves the right to share or transfer PII to comply with a legal requirement, disclose any activities or PII about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, determine necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, for the administration of justice, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
- As Described in a Privacy Notice : We reserve the right to disclose your information as described in any privacy notice posted on a page of our Website where you provide that information. By providing your PII on that page you will be consenting to the disclosure of your PII as described in that privacy notice.
- As Described in a Click–Through Agreement : We reserve the right to disclose your information as described in any click–through agreement to which you have agreed.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You always have the opportunity to review and change the information you provide to us by logging into the Website and entering in the new information yourself. You can edit your name, contact information and preferences by logging into the My Account section of the site.
A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
You must be at least 18 years old to register on our site or make any purchases in our online store. If you are under the age of 18, you can use this service only in conjunction with your parent’s or guardian’s permission. However, since we have no way of knowing that the site is being accessed by someone who is underage we are not responsible for purchases made under pretext of an adult and claims to refunds subsequently.
TRANSFER OF DATA ABROAD
The terms “Automatic Anonymous Information” and “AAI” refer to information we collect through this Website that does not, in and of itself, identify you personally. One example of AAI is your IP address.
The term “Content” refers to all of the software and code comprising or used to operate this Website, and all of the text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, sound recordings, video and audio-video clips, and other materials available on this Website.
The terms “columbiasportswear.co.in,”“we,”“us,” and “our” refer to Chogori India Retail Limited, the sole and exclusive distributors of Columbia Sportswear Company in India.
The term “Feedback” refers to the Content you post on or through this Website that is specifically about how we can improve this Website and the products and services we make available through this Website.
The terms “Personally Identifiable Information” and “PII” refer to individually identifiable information about you that could permit one to identify or contact you. Examples of PII include your name, address, and email address.
The term “User-Generated Content” refers to all of the text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, sound recordings, video, audio-video clips, and other material that you post on or through our Website using the social networking tools we make available to you and that does not constitute Feedback. One way that User-Generated Content differs from other information you provide to us is that, once submitted, User-Generated Content is made available on our Website to others. Examples of User-Generated Content are information you provide as part of a product review and comments you make in response to a blog post.
The term “Website” refers to columbiasportswear.co.in, which is owned and operated by Chogori India Retail Limited, sole and exclusive distributors of Columbia Sportswear Company in India.
The terms “you” and “your” mean any user of this Website.
CONTACTING US WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
We always enjoy hearing from you and appreciate your business.